Location: Los Angeles, California
Compensation: Commensurate upon experience
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Our company, First Global Money Inc. has an exciting career opportunity as a Division Controller. This position provides significant contributions to the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and programs designed to minimize potential money laundering and financial risks by ensuring that our company works within the established strategies of the Finance Department as well as to ensure regulatory compliance with respect to financial reporting.
The Division Controller will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company accounting and financial planning, and budget management functions. As well, they will ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and that statutory and regulatory filings are complete, accurate and timely for the company and any associated subsidiary or affiliated companies.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare reports for management.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and regulations.
- Ensure timely preparation and filing of tax returns and reports to IRS and state tax authorities.
- Coordinating with Regulators with respect to financial information requests and submissions.
- Manage all Accounts Receivable and ensure collections for all outstanding balances.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Prepare and present financial statements in accordance with GAAP and apply appropriate accounting standards for major financial transactions such as business combinations and foreign currency transactions.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Assess information system needs of the finance department and recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems.
- Managing foreign exchange and currency management.
- Interact with internal and external auditors and state and federal regulators in completing audits.
- Direct and coordinate all company accounting and reporting functions, financial planning and budget management functions.
- Direct and ensure completion of month end, quarterly, year end consolidated financial statements.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and forecast.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop business plans for the company.
- Participate in establishing and implementing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- US CPA required
- 3-5 years of financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of Financial and Tax Compliance
- Experience of working with Sage 300 or a Tier 1 ER
- Very strong Excel skills
- Preferable business experience in FinTech, Financial Services, Money Remittances or Banking industry
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Experience with foreign currency management
- Experience in a regulatory reporting environment
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting and rolling budgets
- Professional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- IFRS knowledge and experience an asset
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed
About First Global Money Inc:
First Global Money Inc. is a leader in the Financial Services technology sector with current and future in demand consumer products and services. Specializing in International Money Remittance, Mobile Payments and Mobile Banking Technology; First Global Money Inc. enables our mobile carrier and banking partners with leading edge technology services to drive incremental revenue streams.
First Global Money Inc. currently has connectivity to 44 countries worldwide, and continues to aggressively expand. Our international presence includes a payout network in excess of 54,000 locations which includes strong relationships with banks, telecommunication providers, and non-banking organizations.
We thank all applicants for applying for this position, unfortunately only those selected will be directly contacted by our Human Resources Department.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
for further consideration.