REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Recommends marketing strategies for the purpose of enhancing company sales.
- Conducts market research into emerging trends in the industry.
- Develops and implements targeted surveys for the purpose of gathering market information.
- Conducts organizational studies and work simplification studies to help streamline business processes.
- Integrate the technical aspects of bridging business development opportunities between China, Canada and the USA.
- Prepares procedural and operational manuals for staff and management.
- Reviews forms and reports to determine weak areas and makes suggestions for improvements.
- Documents findings of studies and implements new systems or procedures.
- Analyzes work flows and makes recommendations for streamlining or improving the process.
- Develops and implements records management programs for filing and retrieval of records.
- Finds new business partners for the company.
- Helps create and maintain a marketing plan for new or existing products.
- Helps develop new sales leads for the company.
- Researches marketing opportunities and presents relevant ideas to the management.
- Uses statistical models to help predict market trends.
- Determines target audiences to introduce new product offerings.
- Reads publications and attends seminars on industry trends to aid in keeping ahead of the competition.
- Identifies potential new market and develops marketing plans.
- Communicates with and qualifies sales prospects.
- Assists with writing proposals.
- Analyzes the techniques and successes of the competition.
- Monitors industry news events and provides relevant updates to the management
- Assists in the preparation of evaluation presentations including: converting outputs from technical terms and presentinginformation using summary tables, charts and graphs
- Identifiespotential opportunities and new business ideas that fit First Global Dataâ€™s corporate strategy and long term objective
- Responds to information disclosure requests and helps to facilitate the gathering of information for software development teams on advanced evaluation projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent analytical and research skills.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills as well as good presentation skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have excellent computer and technical skills and knowledge of report writing software.
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must have strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Must have good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Must have excellent math skills.
- Having good connections with the Chinese government and commercial banks would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, operation, analyst or marketing and East Asian Studies is required.
- Master’s degree in business administration and East Asian studies would be an additional advantage.
- Experience in sales or marketing related field is a must.
- Good command of Mandarin,Chinese and English is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suites is required.
- Proficiency in business and sales software would be ideal
HOW TO APPLY:
- Must be willing to work in long and flexible hours to meet project deadlines
- Time is spent primarily in a climate controlled office in Toronto
- Must be able to spend long hours looking at a computer screen and keyboarding.
- Must be willing to travel across Canada, USA and internationally for conferences, seminars and client meetings.
If you are interested and qualified, please attach your cover letter and resume with the subject line as China for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying for this position, unfortunately only those selected will be directly contacted by our Human Resources department.