Our Company has an exciting career opportunity as a Controller who will be reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This position provides significant contributions to the development, implementation and enforcement of policies, procedures, and programs designed to minimize potential money laundering risks by ensuring The Company works within the established strategies of the Finance Department.
The Controller will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of company accounting and financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and that statutory and regulatory filings are complete, accurate and timely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Agent Recruiters will provide the following services:
- Direct and coordinate all company accounting and reporting functions, financial planning and budget management functions.
- Direct and ensure completion of month end, quarterly, year end consolidated financial statements.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and forecast.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Work with department managers and corporate staff to develop, annual, five year and ten year business plans for the company.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Represent the company externally to media, government agencies, funding agencies, and the general public.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting and rolling budgets.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- This is normally acquired through an Accounting designation, five to ten years of experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position.
- IFRS knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of Public Company Reporting (TSX) and asset.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- US CPA, CPA, CA
- Good presentation skills
ABOUT THE FIRST GLOBAL DATA CORP:
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Police Clearance and background checks must be passed
- Willingness to travel outside of Canada periodically.
First Global Data Corp. is a leader in the Financial Services technology sector with current and future in demand consumer products and services. Specializing in International Money Remittance, Mobile Payments and Mobile Banking Technology; First Global Data enables our mobile carrier and banking partners with leading edge technology services to drive incremental revenue streams.
First Global Data Corp currently has connectivity to 44 countries worldwide, and continues to aggressively expand. Our international presence includes a payout network in excess of 54,000 locations which includes strong relationships with banks, telecommunication providers, and non-banking organizations.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and qualified, please attach your cover letter and resume with the subject line as Controller for consideration to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying for this position, unfortunately only those selected will be directly contacted by our Human Resources department.
Location: Canada & the United States
Start Date: To be Discussed
Compensation: To be Discussed
This information is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.