First Global Data (“TSX: FGD-V” or “First Global”) is an international payments company whose services are designed primarily for the unbanked markets. Our two lines of businesses are Mobile Payments and Cross Border Payments.
FirstGlobal is revolutionizing the payments space with our Mobile wallet PayQwik™.
FirstGlobal is actively looking for a talented and ambitious Social Media Marketing Specialist to join our growing PayQwik’s marketing team. You will be responsible for the aggressive growth of the company’s digital marketing function for acquiring customers as well as our social media consumer engagement strategy and execution. We have just the right mix of challenge and learning, and more than anything, it is the marketing team of an upcoming industry leader! So if you are a highly driven individual with passion, skills, and innovative ideas, you are the right fit for our team.
The Key areas of responsibility will be the North America, Philippines, India, Latin America, and the Caribbean along with other markets to meet the Corporate Revenue Targets.
A demonstrable track record of success in Strong consumer-oriented communication skills and an entrepreneurial mindset will be critical to success in this role. The candidate will be directly responsible for developing monthly and yearly new customer acquisition forecasts and deliver them within budget. Fluency in Spanish, Tagalog, or Hindi is a requirement and understanding of multicultural customers is highly desirable. The candidate will be able to see the direct impact of decisions on the business results.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Social Media Associate will be accountable for the community management across PayQwik™ social media platforms, serve as a central point of coordination, and ultimately own the execution of social media strategy for PayQwik™. Support execution of social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including creation of messages, securing related content, scheduling and posting messages, and interacting with respondents
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with other departments to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of PayQwik™ services
- Ensure social media tools (eg. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date (in coordination with technical support team)
- The associate will influence customer behavior across current & new media channels, analyzing conversations and create online initiatives (e.g. viral campaigns).
- Become an advocate of PayQwik™ in social media space
- Engaging in dialogues and answering questions with appropriate responses
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the PayQwik™ brand
- Build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about PayQwik™
- Actively monitor & measure the impact of PayQwik™ social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns/ engagement on social sites in an effort to maximize results
- Regularly give feedback of insights gained from social media monitoring to brand managing team to help them evolve their strategies in a timely manner
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- PayQwik™ mobile wallet is in a rather simple, pursuit: To offer a simple, fast and enjoyable experience for online recharges and payments.
- At PayQwik™, we strive to maintain an open culture with a hands-on approach; sharing ideas and opinions. Our Team is passionate about each detail of a new feature, obsesses about every feature on the mobile app.
- Providing the consumers with the best user experience is Team PayQwik™ daily mantra.
- Other duties are to include the marketing calendar with the online strategy, tracking PayQwik™ the social media footprint and partner with other departments to ensure a consistent and relevant messaging.
- The associate support the daily posts/tweets to all applicable social media outlets monitors all accounts & industry competitors, sets up new platforms as well as create social reports & best practice case studies.
- Has a bachelor associates degree in advertising, marketing or communications
- Excels at research and possesses excellent writing skills
- Has work experience or training in social media, advertising, PR or online marketing
- Understands social media universe & its power including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Wikis, Blogs, Whats App, Paper, Vine etc
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Demonstrated ability to map out a social media marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics
- Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
- Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Is eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
If the above describes yourself and you are up for the challenge, please forward your resume and cover letter directly to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com
with the subject line as Social Media Marketing Specialist.
We thank all applicants for applying for this position, unfortunately only those selected for an interview will be contacted.